Can you tell we have been busy? I’m writing this at about one hour before we head to the airport to go to NYC for Surtex 2013. I have so many emotions and feelings bowling inside me. I’m very very excited!!! so much that I feel giggly and I kinda laugh about everything .
Yesterday as I was picking up the last prints for our booth, the guy from the printer told me that he had printed 2 of each wich is why the whole bill was going to be $500!!!!! (when we had budgeted for $120) … I started smiling and then laughing… I wanted to talk further more about the misunderstanding in a professional way of course (and I did, everything ended up working out) but I think in the end he must’ve thought I was going coo coo!. I found myself inside countless episodes like that one in the past couple weeks. I’m in a very prolonged natural buzzed state (and I almost never drink). Don’t get me wrong is a GREAT feeling!.
Together with that feeling I also feel many other ones, to name a few: I feel bold, I feel courageous, I feel curious, I feel like a beginner, I feel confident, I feel scared, I feel transformed already (in a very good way), I feel unprepared (even though we prepared for a whole year), I feel part of an amazing team and I feel the unknown knocking at our door.
Anyways, please give a round of applause to my sister and I who made it this far! Now we are stepping into the real essence of this journey and we are ready!!! We are setting up the intentions of the next week to be filled with the perfect learning experience for us, the perfect matching buyers and uplifting and transforming partnerships for our business. We are ready to rock this show!!! These are a couple of reminders for us (you know we come back to the blog an actually read our own posts all the time lol)
• Be ready and open to learn. Show up always with a beginners mind.
• Document everything, for our readers and because next year we are going to forget everything.
• Share your knowledge and ideas.
• Ask for help and ask questions if needed.
• Remind each other how much of a good job we have done and how much we like working as a team.
• Stay focus and organized.
Above a sneak peek of two of the collections we’ll be exhibiting
Here is to our creative journey!!! send us blessings
While at Hispanicize this past week I had an Aha moment! where I started to see more clearly how important was for me to show up at this Conferences and how is my inspiration, endurance and creativity connected to my attendance to these events. So the big highlighted question in my head was
Why should you attend a Conference?
… And before I go on. I mean: Why should you attend a Conference in your field not once but several times a year
• To get out of my daily routine and give myself the opportunity to grow as a professional by embracing new settings. How are you going to know how you really behave, talk, sell yourself, react and/or feel if you don’t put yourself out there. I know we all know this, but getting out at least 3 times a year to a BIG conference has now moved up in my priority list! I learned many things about myself, I also found many others I want to improve and achieve. All of them I would have never really looked at in the face if it wasn’t because I immersed myself in the ocean of this conference. And even if is teh same conference every year there are always new people, make an effort to hang around outside of your click often.
• Networking, Networking and Networking. It never ceases to surprise me how the best projects or the best connections or ideas come from the people that I least expected. Of course in a conference your chances of making great connections are higher than in your home office. But I bring out this point because, often times while at a conference I end up working an idea together with someone that I’ve known for a long time. So, not only new people bring new opportunities, older relationships bring new ideas too under the magic of these huge events.
• To feel that I belong. At Hispanicize I felt I belonged. The main and most obvious reason is because I blog, and this was a conference for bloggers but there are also many other commun grounds such as I’m hispanic, I’m a women, I work from home, I’ve a dream, I own a business, I like all things entrepreneur, etc… I can go on and on. My point is the soft and comfortable feeling of belonging is a human nature desire and I think we should bring it into our lives often, specially if you work in your home office like me. That been said though, often conferences will only give you maybe one or two commun grounds and the rest is all new. Embrace that too, newness and uncomfortable is also a growing place and very necessary to burst new qualities in us.
• Face to face interaction. I have to confess, the first thing that people ask me all the time is: Don’t you get lonely working from home by yourself? the answer is 70% yes 30% no, Connecting with others in a personal level is essencial for human beings and a must for women. I’m always balancing out that side of my work because I think is very important to not isolate yourself, especially if you are like me that enjoys solitude so much. With face to face interaction comes all great benefits of real life business relationships, let’s not allow social media to makes us forget that.
These are reminders for me (and yes there are so many more reasons). As always, I hope they help you as well. When in doubt of attending a Conference, always remember we all rather do business with people than with a company. We buy and work with people mostly based on their personality and how we connect with them.
Also I heard many experienced bloggers say -Every year is the same thing (same people) I don’t think this is worth it anymore. I disagree, but again this was my first time. Sometimes is good to remember the excitement you had when you started. I hope this blog post not only reminds you of some good facts and reasons to invest in conferences but also helps you resemble that pasion for your blog again.
I would love to hear about what are your reasons to attend a Conference!! and which one do you attend
We are back!! Miami and Hispanicize was pretty espectacular for us!! I can’t wait to share everything we learned
We met new people, made connections, got inspired, motivated and as a result many new ideas and projects are already bubbling up in my head.
Let me start by saying the whole scene was fantastic, Miami Beach sets you in the right mood. From day one the view from our hotel room was beautiful!! (Hence picture above).
It was hard not to think we were on vacation! I think is fair to say it was a very pleasurable business meeting. The value of loving and enjoying what we do and getting paid for it is priceless. So above all let me first take the time to thank God and the Universe for all these amazing opportunities coming our way! For me personally this was my first formal Bloggers Conference. (although we did attend The Niche Mommy conference last year) and what can I say I came back all in love with it.
Even though Hispanicize is much more than a Blogger’s Conference, our interest was to get involve in the community mainly as latina bloggers. Everyday our schedule was full with sessions and events. After day 2 it was already very challenging to make it to breakfast before 9am. I’ve been writing and digesting everything we experienced at the conference, it’s a lot, so I’m going to have to take it slow!
By looking at my pictures you can imagine how much eye candy there was. From people’s smiles, outfits, art pieces, hotel interior design, creative branding ideas, cute business cards to nature and the city. I have many posts coming your way very shortly about what we learned, what we did, what inspired us, outfits, our sponsorship Lowe’s, etc!
Oh and before I forget your social media feedback and support through out the whole week was amazing! Thank you!
Yes, it’s true! I am so excited! this will be my first time at the Hispanicize 2013 Miami Conference. I’ve heard so many amazing things about Hispanicize, especially from my sister since she was there last year and learned and enjoyed so much!. Check out her blog where she talks about it here.
I always thought the time will come when Dari Design Studio makes a presence at Hispanicize and guess what? It’s happening!!… Thanks to Lowe’s, thanks to who? yeah Lowe’s, never stop improving! (which by the way is one of my favorite slogans ever)
So, let me explain a little more about why Lowe’s goes so well with us. We are a great match for Lowe’s!. Specially a great match with their best publication Lowe’s Ideas Creativas® which is a quarterly publication for hands-on home lovers. Subscriptions are free, and each issue is filled with unique home improvement ideas and tips for design and décor.
You HEARED that! Ok so, there are so many key phrases there that we LOVE:
Ideas Creativas wich means creative ideas. I feel like my whole life and day is about creative ideas. Ideas for my studio, ideas for a new design, ideas for putting outfits together, business ideas, and I can go on and on! So clearly we are in the same page.
Home improvement ideas. Let me say something if you are not always in the process of improving you home, your home might be upset at you! The more pretty, comfortable, useful, creative inspiring and warm you home, the more you will be inspired, happy and motivated for anything in life!
Tips for design and decor. I have realized that design of any kind (industrial, graphics, interior, packaging) will inspire you and lead the way for bright ideas in any other areas of your life. You will be amazed as to where I take inspiration from. The idea is to always remember to indulge yourself with visuals of any kind, and if they come bogo for design and decoration, I wont say no to that! See picture below to see what I’m talking about.
If you want to find the above photo on lowe’s website click here
So now that you know the potencial of our relationship with Lowes I hope you follow us this whole week. We will be giving you updates through all of our social media.
The hashtag I’ll be using at the conference is #Loweshispz13.
If your are planing to go to Hispancize I invite you to visit Lowe’s at the conference by visiting the “Rest and Inspiration” zone located in Tower 2 Foyer.
While you are visiting Lowe’s, check out some of Spring’s hottest trends in patio décor – including the new allen + roth custom outdoor collections.
At the booth you can also subscribe to receive Ideas Creativas at home – its free! When you subscribe, drop your subscription card at our booth and we’ll draw one winner each day to win a $250 Lowe’s Gift Card.
Lowe’s is sponsoring the “Upwardly Mobile and on the Go: The Latino Lifestyle Bloggers” session at Hispanicize on Wednesday, April 10 at 11 a.m. Join us to hear from some of the top Latino Lifestyle bloggers and personalities – including Kathy Cano Murillo of Crafty Chica, Martin Llorens of Hola Martin and Pili Montilla – TV actress, host and columnist. (I’m very excited about this event).
Wish me a good trip! I’ll be on a plane in a couple hours! Bon Voyage!
Disclosure: Lowe’s is sponsoring me with all expenses of my trip to the conference. All opinions, ideas and stories are 100% my own.
Do you want to learn about what it takes to open and build a design studio? We are growing rapidly, this is a great opportunity to learn and immerse yourself in design work, social media, marketing, blogging and all kind of entrepreneur activities. Here at DDS our mission is to inspire our clients to follow their dreams. To think infinite possibilities and to use our passionate design business journey to motivate them to live their LIFE like no one else.
We hope our bright designs fills everyone’s life with color and boldness, sparks and uniqueness. We shine when we can help others shine. Do you think you can fit well with our mission? if so, read on! We are on the search for a creative, detailed oriented Marketing|Design Assistant to fill in an internship (unpaid) position to contribute to our mission and be part of our growth.
• Everyday website work such as editing, uploading ads, actualizing portfolio, etc
• Assist in Newsletter creation, scheduling, etc
• Get familiarized (if not already) with WordPress, Paypal, Chimp Mail, iMovie and Dropbox
• Trend and theme research
• Overviewing and assisting in blog comments and blog interrelations
• Participate in brainstorming about blog vision
• Handling and helping with all email communications related to blogs
• Blog submissions
• Contribute in post design
• Start or finalize designs
• Design Input
• Design preparation for photoshop classes and webinars
Social Media and Marketing:
• All social media maintenance including and not restricted to Pinterest, Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn
• Assist with traveling arrangements
• Conference submissions and scheduling
• Assist with email communications in general
• Assist with pre and post webinar processes
• Design enthusiast
• Must live in Los Angeles or San Diego
• Basic knowledge of Adobe creative suites
• Adobe Creative suites installed on a laptop
• Organized, multi tasker and a planner with a creative and artsy soul.
• Experience working on a Mac platform
• Ability to meet periodically for business meetings in Los Angeles and/or San Diego
• An interest in Dari Design Studio and our creative style
• An interest in Social media platforms
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills
• Comfortable talking with and interacting with others
• Ability to work remotely
How to Apply
We can’t wait to hear from you! Psst! This position has the potential to become a paid position or a project based hire after 6 months
Please send us an email with your resume and portfolio (or examplos of your designs) with a brief explanation of your interest on the position and how you learned about this internship opportunity.
Easter is almost here and I’ve been crafting and preparing tons of fun things. I wanted to share with you these cute Easter printables I made for Latinamom.me. You can go there and download them for free!
The Egg ones are cards in the shape of an egg, I think that if you print lots of them, open holes and hang them like a garland they would look so nice! I wanted to do that but didn’t have time.